Moving an ASP.NET Microsoft Azure site to Discountasp

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by Magnus, Jun 5, 2016.

1. I currently have 2 classic ASP sites with you (one connects to a SQL Server Database).

Recently I have been involved with a new client that has an ASP.NET, Microsoft AZURE hosted site. Because of costs I'm looking at moving the hosting to you.

Can the database be setup to only allow encrypted connections? Can connection be restricted to IP addresses? Is there an easy way to copy the AZURE database to your SQL SERVER ?

Any other issues I should be worry about?

2. Is it possible to get a test account/url that I could publish too and test if it will work before signing up

3. FrankC

FrankC DiscountASP.NET Staff

>>Can the database be setup to only allow encrypted connections?

No. We cannot force encrypted connection ONLY. You can, however, use encrypted connection.

>>Can connection be restricted to IP addresses?

No.

>>Is there an easy way to copy the AZURE database to your SQL SERVER ?

We can perform a migration for you.

4. That sounds OK.

Does the migration cost anything? Can we migrate it to a staging site first, to see that everything will work once it is live on discountasp?

My classic asp site costs 20 USD per month (I think). Will the hosting be the same?

5. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

We offer free migration. Sign up from our website and then contact our tech support for migration assistance. We provide each site with an alternative url, so you can test your site without having to resolve the domain name to us. We also provide an alternative ftp address. When you okay with the testing, then you can update the domain name servers to resolve the domain to our location. The cost for our hosting will be in the same range.

mjp likes this.
  6. I need to create an stating version of our website. We will change the theme and all layout so we cannot use live website. Can we use an staging version , a testing version an alternative url ?
    Thanks

7. martino

martino DiscountASP.NET Staff

Yes, we provide you with a alternative URL that you can use. It's located in the Account Information section within the control panel once you have signed up for an account.