MS SQL SSIS Package Validation Error

Discussion in 'Databases' started by albanello, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Hi Help

Execute SQL Task:
    - Checks if table is present on the Destination Server if it is NOT the T-SQL in the SQL Task creates the table.

Data Flow Task:
    - Copies table on Source Server to table on Destination Server.

PROBLEM if table is not on Destination Server, BEFORE package is run, SSIS displays a error with one of the statements.
    - "Invalid object name 'dbo.tmpCSLPInformationPad_Tbl."
    - "[dbo].[tmpCSLPInformationPad_Tbl]. Check that the object exists in the database."

If I look at the Destination Server after the package displays error the table is NOT created!?
    If I run the "Execute SQL Task" by itself, to test it, the table IS created as expected.
    If table is present BEFORE Package is run "Data Flow Task" works as expected.

WHY doesn't the "Execute SQL Task" create the table and/or WHY doesn't the "Data Flow Task" see the table?

CAN anyone tell me why this SSIS package is not working as expected?

Thanks in advance
    albanello

2. dmitri

dmitri DiscountASP.NET Staff

I can see a "dot" at the end of your table name:

dbo.tmpCSLPInformationPad_Tbl.
    [dbo].[tmpCSLPInformationPad_Tbl].

This is probably the cause of "Invalid object name 'dbo.tmpCSLPInformationPad_Tbl." error. Please review your SSIS package and remove the "." character from the table name.

3. Dmitri

Thank you for your response.

I'm sorry but that "dot" is a Typo error in my EMail. I have checked my SSIS Package and there is NO "dot" at the end of the table name.

Here is the actual Error message:

TITLE: Package Validation Error
    ------------------------------
    Package Validation Error
    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
    Error at Data Flow Task-Make Mirror image Locally of DASP CSLP Information Pad Data [OLE DB Destination-Configure for Local connection Information Pad Data [16]]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E37.
    An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0" Hresult: 0x80040E37 Description: "Invalid object name 'dbo.tmpCSLPInformationPad_Tbl'.".
    Error at Data Flow Task-Make Mirror image Locally of DASP CSLP Information Pad Data [OLE DB Destination-Configure for Local connection Information Pad Data [16]]: Failed to open a fastload rowset for "[dbo].[tmpCSLPInformationPad_Tbl]". Check that the object exists in the database.
    Error at Data Flow Task-Make Mirror image Locally of DASP CSLP Information Pad Data [SSIS.Pipeline]: "component "OLE DB Destination-Configure for Local connection Information Pad Data" (16)" failed validation and returned validation status "VS_ISBROKEN".
    Error at Data Flow Task-Make Mirror image Locally of DASP CSLP Information Pad Data [SSIS.Pipeline]: One or more component failed validation.
    Error at Data Flow Task-Make Mirror image Locally of DASP CSLP Information Pad Data: There were errors during task validation.
    (Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.VsIntegration)
    BUTTONS:
    OK

Sorry for the EMail typo

Hope you can still help me

albanello

4. For anybody that is interested ! (SQL Server 2008 R2)
    Here is the fix to my problem as states above:
    - Must Delay Validation of Data Flow Task till Run time.
    Here is how you do it:
    - Select>Control Flow Tab
    - Right Click>Data Flow Task
    - Select>Properties
    - Set>DelayValidation to True

Hope this helps someone else!

albanello

martino and RayH like this.
  5. RayH

RayH DiscountASP.NET Lackey DiscountASP.NET Staff

Thanks albanello. I'm sure it will help someone out.