MVC Action returns blank page

Discussion in 'Windows / IIS' started by mattsoundworld, Jul 28, 2013.

1. My deployed site recently developed an interesting problem:Certain actions work just fine on my local instance, but don't yield any discernible error on the live site, other than not sending anything back.

I have tried enabling request tracing because my error handler certainly wasn't catching anything, but that isn't giving anything useful.

Can anyone suggest any other options I might try to diagnose what the heck is going on with the live site? Thanks in advance.

Behavior can be verified here: (Account info doesn't matter, as far as I can tell, it still returns a blank page whether the login should be successful or not)

http://www.betterthanrice.com/Account/Login

2. Ok, that is interesting... my IE10 does not return a response to the above login (after attempting to login in), blog, or gift catalog

Neither does Chrome or Firefox, for that matter. Not sure why browser would matter. I'm not (shouldn't be) sending anything other than html back to the user

Also tried on my wife's laptop... no dice.

3. I tried to log in to "http://www.betterthanrice.com/Account/Login" with [email protected] and a dummy password and I was rejected and given a "Alert:Email not found" message by your form.

Have you corrected the issue?

Would it be possible for you to PM me a set of temporary credentials so that I use a valid email/password to see the blank response page you mentioned?

4. Well, I have two independent sources telling me the server is answering their requests, and in a nut shell where ever I access the site (other than my local development server), I get no response from the Blog and Gift Shop links. Nothing. Not even an electronic fart.

I dunno, guys. I don't know what to even Google for this problem. Seems like I'm up the proverbial creek with out a paddle. Thanks for checking for me.

5. FrankC

FrankC DiscountASP.NET Staff

I tested your site from server remote testing tools and they all shown proper responses.

I think we can isolate the issue to your computer. This is what i would do

1. Try ping your website and make sure it is resolving to the right IP address (96.31.33.51)
    2. Reboot your computer
    3. Clear all your browser cache