Need to publish VS2014/SQL2014 project with SSL

Discussion in 'Hosting Services / Control Panel' started by dotnyet, May 16, 2015.

1. I have a basic hosting plan for my existing website that I created in VS 2010.

What I am trying to do:
    I would like to upgrade. Specifically, I would like to:
    - purchase the SSL add-on
    - purchase the SQL add-on
    - replace my current site with a new web project that I created in Visual Studio 2013 and SQL Server 2014.

My web project is ready to be published. It uses a SQL Server 2014 database for login credentials.

Question:
    Is there a step-by-step tutorial (or series of tutorials) that explains how I can publish this project to the server, so that the database functionality and SSL work properly?

Concern:
    I am hesitant to drop another $20 per month for SQL and SSL unless I'm sure that I can publish it to the server properly.

I see a tutorial for publishing a web project in VS 2013: https://support.discountasp.net/kb/...discountasp_net-server.aspx?KBSearchID=566911
    But, a dialog box on the screen states that database publishing is not supported with that feature, so I am not sure how to proceed. My website will not work without the SQL database.

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  2. FrankC

FrankC DiscountASP.NET Staff

To publish your database, the best way to do that is to take a backup and use the DB restoration tool to restore the database.