No Repy from DoscountASP.Net

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by videyeo, Feb 13, 2014.

1. I have sent a request for info from your website sales form as well as your support page form without a reply from you regarding your services.

I have now joined your forum to try and communicate my needs for hosting and I find myself asking why?

If you do not have a phone number (and you don't) and you do not respond to either forms located on your site (and you didn't) then why should I (Beg) for your help here in your support forum.

I was under the impression you offer superior customer service and hosting but have yet to get past the first hurdle to getting answers to my specific needs.

I need the following:

A hosting environment to run WordPress ( I know Unix/Linux is better) in a minimum setup without any plugins installed. This install will call a .Net application compiled in C++ to run on the hosted account.

Can this be done on your servers, and what do I need to do to verify the application will in fact run on your configured servers? We are trying to determine what the Host Server RAM requirements are. The application is a survey/polling solution for corporate culture studies. We are not sure what he Host account CPU, RAM and Storage requirements would be using your service.

Please advise . . .

Randy Brown

2. mjp

mjp

Hi Randy. I'm sure we did respond to you, but we had a helpdesk problem that prevented our outgoing messages from going out for almost 48 hours.

The only way you can verify that your application will run on our servers is to try it (we have a 30 day money back guarantee if it doesn't). We can't really tell you since we don't know anything about the application.

Same goes for resource usage. Though the resource usage on our servers shouldn't be too much different than the resource use in your dev environment. You'd have to give us an idea of what your requirements are and we could give you an idea of whether you would find any joy on the DiscountASP server.

Just between us, I can tell you that we're very, very close to launching a new service that is probably a perfect fit for what you're doing. It's fault tolerant, scalable, elastic and all those good things that application developers need.

3. Has your new elastic hosting solution launched yet? If so, is it managed and how much does it cost?

4. mjp

mjp

It is soft launching today (invitation only), funny you should ask. ;)

Click my picture then click "Start a Conversation" and I'll make sure you are in the list of invites we send out today.

It is 100% managed, and the cost depends on which plan you use and a few other optional factors. It's a premium service, so while we've kept prices well below what you'd pay for the equivalent "big cloud" services, there still may be some sticker shock for those who are looking for $5 or $10 hosting. This is not that.

dodoro07 likes this.