Parser Error in connecting to Access database on server

Discussion in 'WebMatrix' started by Listener, Jan 25, 2006.

1. I've been working on this for several days with no luck. When I run locally, I have no problems, but when I change the code to access the database on the server (DATA Source=" & server.MapPath("_database/mydb.mdb"))

I receive this message:

<%@ Page Language="VB" %>
    Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="wmx" Namespace="Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.Web.UI" Assembly="Microsoft.Matrix.Framework, Version=0.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6f763c9966660626" %>
    [​IMG]

Can someoneplease help?

Thanks,

2. Sorry, I forgot to mention that I copied the dlls from the C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET Web Matrix\v0.5.464\Framework directory to the bin directory and am still receiving the error message. Any help is appreciated.

3. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

what is the error? i think you forgot to post the complete error.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

4. The error mentioned above has nothing to do with mappath or the mdb. Please post complete error message and (even better) a URL to an example of the problem.

Joel Thoms

DiscountASP.NET
    http://www.DiscountASP.NET

5. Thanks for your fast response.

Here is the entire error message:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Parser Error
    Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: File or assembly name Microsoft.Matrix.Framework, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language='VB' %>
    Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix='wmx' Namespace='Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.Web.UI' Assembly='Microsoft.Matrix.Framework, Version=0.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6f763c9966660626' %>
    Line 3: <script runat='server'>
    Line 4:

Source File: E:\web\levelsolut1\htdocs\free.aspx Line: 2

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Microsoft.Matrix.Framework' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: DisplayName = Microsoft.Matrix.Framework, Version=0.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6f763c9966660626
    (Fully-specified)
    LOG: Appbase = file:///E:/web/levelsolut1/htdocs
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
    Calling assembly : (Unknown).
    ===

LOG: Publisher policy file is not found.
    LOG: No redirect found in host configuration file (C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet.config).
    LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\config\machine.config.
    LOG: Post-policy reference: Microsoft.Matrix.Framework, Version=0.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6f763c9966660626
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/736b207d/2708ebd6/Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/736b207d/2708ebd6/Microsoft.Matrix.Framework/Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///E:/web/levelsolut1/htdocs/bin/Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///E:/web/levelsolut1/htdocs/bin/Microsoft.Matrix.Framework/Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/736b207d/2708ebd6/Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/736b207d/2708ebd6/Microsoft.Matrix.Framework/Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///E:/web/levelsolut1/htdocs/bin/Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///E:/web/levelsolut1/htdocs/bin/Microsoft.Matrix.Framework/Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.EXE.

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

and here is the url: http://www.levelsolutions.net/free.aspx

6. The most common cause would be the library (dll) for Microsoft.Matrix.Framework is not in the 'bin' directory.

Joel Thoms

DiscountASP.NET
    http://www.DiscountASP.NET

7. Thank you for your response. I found the dll and put it in the bin directory. Now I am receiving this error message related to the SQL statement. I suspect it has something to do with the quotation marks, but I cannot isolate it. Any help is appreciated.

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30205: End of statement expected.

Source Error:

Code:
    Line 27:     
    Line 28:         Function InsertInfo(ByVal code As String, ByVal fName As String, ByVal lName As String, ByVal phone As String, ByVal eMail As String, ByVal desc As String) As Integer
    Line 29:             Dim connectionString As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Ole DB Services=-4; DATA Source=" &amp; server.MapPath("_database/LS_Contacts.mdb"))
    Line 30:             Dim dbConnection As System.Data.IDbConnection = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection(connectionString)
    Line 31:     
    Source File: E:\web\levelsolut1\htdocs\Free.aspx Line: 29

8. Please disregard my earlier post. I played around with the syntax of the path and finally got this working! Thanks to you for your help and patience!