Permissions Issue - Web.Config??

Discussion in 'ASP.NET / ASP.NET Core' started by hardot, Sep 7, 2012.

1. hardot

hardot Developer

I have had to completely re-do an app in 3.5 that has been on the server for years. But now, after transferring all the new files and dll's, I cannot log in to it (it works fine on my dev server - localhost). When navigating to the starting URL, it displays the generic credentials request (see attached) instead of the included login.aspx page . When attempting to enter a valid user id and password, I receive back the normal 401.2 permission denied message (Description: An error occurred while accessing the resources required to serve this request. The server may not be configured for access to the requested URL.

Error message 401.2.: Unauthorized: Logon failed due to server configuration. Verify that you have permission to view this directory or page based on the credentials you supplied and the authentication methods enabled on the Web server. Contact the Web server's administrator for additional assistance.)

I suspect a web.config issue but cannot figure out what it is. The authentication mode is Windows. I could not use Forms.

Any suggestions really appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. RayH

RayH DiscountASP.NET Lackey DiscountASP.NET Staff