Remote connection to SQL Server

Discussion in 'Classic ASP' started by PGScannell, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. I have a development environment on my PC where I do updates to the website I have on discount.asp.

My connection string to the database is as follows:

Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=tcp:sql2k505.discountasp.net;Initial Catalog=SQL2005_*****;User ID=*****;Password=*****;"

Now the problem: I just bought a new computer and have installed SQL Server 2008 Express on it. Apparently there are some considerations to that product that I didn't have to worry about with 2005 express.

At first I got a general connection error which I fixed by enabling the TCP/IP setting using SQL Server Configuration manager.

Now, I get a "table aaaa doesn't exist" when I run my first query.

So, what do I have to do?

Thanks in advance,
    Jerry Scannell

2. Hi Jerry...This is rather hard to follow, you mention the conn string but the problem appears to be with your local SQL Express pushing updates, not the remote server.
    Just guessing I don't have many things to go on but...are you opening the local and remote DBes and executing the command on the right one?
    Or, where exactly are you executing the SQL that's failing?
    All the best,
    Mark

3. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

make sure you are in the right database. Issue this command

use databaseName

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.