Reportviewer 2012 available?

Discussion in 'Visual Studio' started by KMLR, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Hi

I reportviewer 2012 available on discountasp.net?

I have a VS 2010 application that was developed using sqlserver 2008 R2, reportviewer 2010 --- it is currently hosted on a Windows 2008 - IIS 7.0 account. I upgraded the application to VS 2012 and uploaded same --- got the following error message when I tried to access the home page.

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

2. dmitri

dmitri DiscountASP.NET Staff

ReportViewer 11.0.0.0 assembly is installed on IIS 7 and IIS 8 web servers. Please see the screen shot of that assembly taken from the server. Your application is referring to the right assebly, but I am not sure why it cannot load it. Can you please provide the URL and instructions to reproduce and see the error?
    ScreenShot.jpg

3. Hi Dmitri

Thank you for responding --- go to www.carilabourstat.org the error message will be generated.

Thanks

4. Resolved by Jorge (DASP)-- Report Viewer 20102 is not available on IIS 7 boxes --- only on IIS 8. Upgraded account from Windows 2008/IIS 7 to Windows 2012/IIS 8. Issue resolved.

martino and mjp like this.
  5. martino

martino DiscountASP.NET Staff

Thank you for posting what resolved your issue. I'm sure it will help someone else out with the same problem.