Roller

Discussion in 'Silverlight' started by Zhang JingChu, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Roller

I am looking for a good example of a percentage roller in Silverlight. (someone told me that they were called rollers)

The little default BusyIndicator is nice but I have a lot going on in the backgroud for a particular app and because of this, I want one of those rollers that give a percentage of how much time the use can expect to wait. I already have a way of determining what sort of percentage is going on. In other words, I know what sort of data to send the roller. Can anyone help me?

2. try a progress bar control. you can set your progress bar for 1 to 100 percent and the your function or method of getting your percent can be converted from say 55 percent to 55 on your progress bar control. you can also display the percentage in a textblock control in addition to the progress bar. remember that SL4 requires all wcf/web service calls to be async so you will have to be able to send back an update from your service i'm sure you can use your search engine to find this but what i like to do is show the progress bar update it as needed. like use a timer so ever 5 seconds you add say 10% and then once the operation if completed on the end of the async call then hide the progress bar.