Setting the response buffering limit

Discussion in 'Windows / IIS' started by Richard210363, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Hi There,
    I have encountered a common bug that effect Firefox and Chrome but surprisingly not IE. And not all installations of FF or Chrome even if you use the same version on a different computer so diagnosing it is difficult.

When I try to download a file from my site I will get an error if the file is over 4Mb
    "FileName could not be saved, because the source file could not be read."

There are many attempts to solve error this on the web. Many of which I have tried.
    One suggests setting the response buffering limit of ASP/IIS to more than the 4Mb default.

To do this I must use the ASP configuration module in the IIS section of IIS 7 Remote Manager. However when connecting to my account this module does not appear. Is this module not available at DiscountASP or can I add it?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
    Richard

2. mjp

mjp

Only the modules that we have delegated for the end user are available in IIS Manager. There are modules that are not appropriate for shared hosting for various reasons, and we do not delegate those. I would assume that ASP configuration is one of them, as configuring something like response buffering limits may not be possible on a per-account basis, only for the entire server.