SiteLock gave message about port 5080 being open

Discussion in 'ASP.NET / ASP.NET Core' started by SailAway, Oct 22, 2013.

1. I have an asp.net 4.0 website. I have not had an problems, but suddenly I just got a critical error message from SiteLock saying that port 5080 is open. This is the message and no further information is available:

"We have detected a critical network vulnerability at your site zapcloth.com. This must be corrected within 72 hours in order to maintain your certification and continue to display the SiteLock security badge. Please access your SiteLock dashboard for more details. From your dashboard, you can also take advantage of our Expert Services team to help you correct this issue."

I use Expression Web 4.0 to upload my updates to the website. I would appreciate any help in understanding this problem.

Thank you.

2. I have seen false-positives from SiteLock before concerning this port being open.

Here are my telnet results when I attempted to connect to your site over this port.

C:\Users\andrew>telnet ping 5080
    Connecting To zapcloth.com...Could not open connection to the host, on port 5080
    : Connect failed

So this port is not open, I suggest that you perform the same telnet test from your location and provide the results to SiteLock or mark the notification as a false-positive.

mjp likes this.
  3. I can not open it either. Thank you so much! I will notify SiteLock