SmarterMail 8 iPhone contact snyc

Discussion in 'Email' started by cccc, Oct 3, 2011.

1. iphone sync

I was following the directions at
    http://portal.smartertools.com/KB/a...with-apple-address-book-and-calendar-ios.aspx
    to use CardDav. I'm on a Win7 box.

I assume I should be using CardDav? I don't believe exchange is setup?

I ignore this step, because I can't do it.
    NOTE: For ease of configuration on iPhone/iPad, the system administrator should set up a CalDAV and CardDAV SRV DNS record. This is what makes the iPhone/iPad auto-discover settings.

Step
    6. myDomain.com or
    webMail.myDomain.com or
    webMail.myDomain.com/WebDAV or
    myDomain.com/WebDAV
    contacts.crlf.com
    contacts.crlf.com/WebDAV
    (I believe I tried them all)

7. emailAccountName.myDomain.com

I get cannot connect using SSL error message; I click continue
    I get CardDAV account verification failed.

Tried the same with CalDAV

2. I tried the white paper,wasn't sure of the settings to use or whether discountasp.net set up the srv records. I posted what I did above.

3. this CalDav and CardDav method might need SRV record to function. Please generate one and submit a support ticket to request installation of the record (You will have to create the record yourself)

4. Just got an email/support ticket. Discountasp.net does not support CardDav.
    Be helpful if the discountasp.net folks would talk to each other so customers don't waste more time trying to get support.

SyncML free doesn't do calendar, so with luck can get contacts sync'd. Blows me away how lame Discountasp.net has been over the years for email support. Just amazing. You can get team foundation server, but getting basic (at least basic for the past 5 years) email functions is not possible.