SmartMail on android Google phone

Discussion in 'Email' started by universals1, Oct 26, 2011.

1. How can I received my emails on my android Google phone?
    It seem that I need Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync feature but discountasp is telling me :

'I'm afraid that the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync feature is not available because it's offered as a separate add-on service from SmarterTools which isn't covered by our current licensing agreement.'

'I'm afraid that I don't have any instructions to provide and I can only offer a limited amount of assistance configuring a smart phone.'

Are there any other ways to get my emails on my phone?

Thanks.

2. Android calendar sync.

Hi, now when you finally have the new version of SmarterMail, how do I sync with my Android phone? It seems that I need the "Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync add-on", but I can't find it on the add-on page.

My primary interest is synchronizing calendar and contacts. Simply reading emails wih pop3 works since the previous version... :)

Saludos
    Jonas

3. Unfortunately we do not support Active Sync due to some licensing issues. At the moment we don't have a work around for such syncing features but we will keep an eye out.

4. This is probably the single most important port of the SmarterMail upgrade...
    What is the "licensing issues"? A simple question of price?
    I wouldn't mind if you pass on the 2,50$/mailbox/year to me.

5. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

The licensing issue is complicated. We looked into it last year and did not move forward. I'll let our team know of the interest in this and have them look into it again.