SQL CE 4 Data Provider may not be installed.

Discussion in 'Databases' started by jezz, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. Hi,

Just wondering whether there is any solution to this.

I am using SQL CE 4 and have managed to get it working by specifying a connection string and executing text commands through that connection. However, by looking at the examples of how to use SQL CE 4 effectively (i.e. circumventing the lack of stored procedure and view support) it seems as though the route to take involves ADO.NET Entity Data Models. I have got this working on my development machine but when I copy to the discountasp.net servers I get the following error:

Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.

I have done some searching and found one post in which it was mentioned that CE was not supported (although it was acknowledged that it can be used through deployment of a WebMatrix project) as it is for mobile devices. This does not, however, seem to be the case with CE 4 as Microsoft have been going out of their way to make SQL CE 4 deployable on hosting scenarios such as discountasp.net but without this data provider it becomes too clumsy to use.

If anyone has a solution/opinion I'd be very grateful

Thanks

jezz :)

2. I got the same thing.

It looks like discountasp.net is blocking it.

I saw on another thread that they say they only support it for the web matrix projects. I do see why they would let it work there but not on a web application though.

3. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.