Starter Kits Configuration Procedure

Discussion in 'ASP.NET Starter Kits' started by mrowella, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Many thanks for your help with the aspnet_regsql.exe file Bruce. Another question for you with regard to the club / personal starter kit applications.

Once you've configured a site (in this case club starter kit) on the remote sever (discountasp.net) is there a procedure to reset everything ready to accept a new application?

Let me explain. If I've run the sql script to create the DB Schema and executed the aspnet_regsql.exe file do these need to be reset before I can run a new application?

Hope this is clear.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

Mark

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

do u mean you want us to clear the whole database?

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. Hi Bruce, many thanks for your reply. With regard to the database as I understand it I can upload a new one which will overwrite the existing one, so I'm ok with that part, correct me if I'm wrong.

My qustion is pointed towards the requirements for uploading a new web site. I've already uploaded and configured the Club starter kit with the guidance of your intructions within the forum.

Now I would like to upload the Personal starter kit.

Do I just follow the steps againfor the application will work or do I need to perform a reset before I upload a new application?

Mark

4. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Hmm.. it's been so long that i've looked at thos started kits, i forgot if there's any table name conflict. I would recommend cleaning the database out first.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET