strange controller post mvc4 behavior

Discussion in 'ASP.NET / ASP.NET Core' started by segue, Jul 18, 2013.

1. I'm using mvc4 jquery and partial views. Using the same technique that worked
    when I migrated my site - when adding new partial views which forward a click event
    jquery post to a controller with a partial view route - I'm getting an error that appears
    like the route to the controller is not found.

Are there any dependent files that update the routing conventions of mvc4 that I should
    know about. I've tried re-uploading config files with no result.

Thanks so much for suggestions - Kind Regards;

Segue

2. tasha

tasha DiscountASP.NET HBIC

3. I fixed the problem by re-uploading my entire site. Somehow there is a file being used outside of all the files I assumed relevant. Thanks for your concern though and routing link. I'm still wrapping my head around routing issues for which I'm using standard out of the box practice. With Microsoft vs environments like WCF applications are heavily dependent on configuration files which have built in security.

I'd love to know what file outside of the controller, jquery submit file, and cshtml file was needed? I like mvc's separation of concerns but not these ad-hoc frameworks.

4. tasha

tasha DiscountASP.NET HBIC

I'm glad you were able to get it working. :)

"I'd love to know what file outside of the controller, jquery submit file, and cshtml file was needed? I like mvc's separation of concerns but not these ad-hoc frameworks."

If you could give us some idea of what the actual error message was, we might be able to offer an educated guess.