The type or namespace name 'Ajax' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web.Mvc'

Discussion in 'ASP.NET / ASP.NET Core' started by williamsjp, Mar 31, 2013.

1. I'm trying to install BlogEngine.NET in a subdirectory under my site. I copied everything in the Web zipfile (v2.7) to the directory, made the directory a web app (via the control panel), and when I hit the directory, I get:

Server Error in '/traffic/blog' Application.

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Ajax' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web.Mvc' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 22: <add namespace="System.Web.Helpers" />
    Line 23: <add namespace="System.Web.Mvc" />
    Line 24: <add namespace="System.Web.Mvc.Ajax" />
    Line 25: <add namespace="System.Web.Mvc.Html" />
    Line 26: <add namespace="System.Web.Routing" />

Source File: e:\web\inrixcom000\htdocs\traffic\Web.config Line: 24

2. martino

martino DiscountASP.NET Staff

We have Web Application Gallery Installation Tool in the control panel that has BlogEngine.NET version 2.7 that you can use to installed the web application through the control panel.

The error you're getting means that you missing an assembly from when you deployed your web application to our web server.

You might want to try the "Web App Gallery" located in the control panel here: https://my.discountasp.net/webapplication-gallery.aspx to install BlogEngine.NET for your hosting account. You will also be able to install it to a subdirectory of your site account.