"This type of page is not served." with BlogEngine.NET

Discussion in 'ASP.NET / ASP.NET Core' started by williamsjp, Apr 9, 2013.

1. I've installed BlogEngine.NET under my website, turned off inheritance in the parent site's web.config file (that got the site up and running), and added the following to BlogEngine.NET's web.config file:

Code:
    <security>
    	  <requestFiltering>
    		<fileExtensions>
    			<remove fileExtension=".cshtml" />
    			<add fileExtension=".cshtml" allowed="true" />
    		</fileExtensions>
    	  </requestFiltering>
    </security>

The site will come up, but when I try to go to the Dashboard, I get the error message "This type of page is not served." Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Jay

2. RayH

RayH DiscountASP.NET Lackey DiscountASP.NET Staff

3. When I added the security section, I made sure it was in the right place. I just double checked, and it is.

I removed Web Application "status" from the blog and ran it. I got this:

Server Error in '/traffic' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 8: </configSections>
    Line 9: <BlogEngine>
    Line 10: <blogProvider defaultProvider="XmlBlogProvider" fileStoreProvider="XmlBlogProvider">
    Line 11: <providers>
    Line 12: <add description="Xml Blog Provider" name="XmlBlogProvider" type="BlogEngine.Core.Providers.XmlBlogProvider, BlogEngine.Core"/>

Source File: E:\web\inrixcom000\htdocs\traffic\blog\web.config Line: 10

When I added it back, I got the original error.

4. Just to clarify, this is the layout of the site:

— Classic ASP at the root
    — Directory under that with ASP.NET MVC. That folder is marked as a WebApplication and has its Web.config file set not to have children inherit.
    — BlogEngine.NET is in a folder under that and is also set to a WebApplication

5. RayH

You might need to switch the Application Pool Pipeline Mode from Classic to Integrated.

6. mjp likes this.
  7. RayH

Actually, thank you for posting the solution. I'm sure it will help others out in the future. :)

mjp likes this.
  8. Yes, thank you, willamsjp. I was getting this error while attempting to run BlogEngine.NET in an app folder in IIS. My Googles brought me here.

andcon and mjp like this.