Usage Alert Tool (attached)

Discussion in 'Control Panel API' started by vvsharma, Oct 18, 2006.

1. This sample application was designed to demonstrate use of the DiscountASP.NET Control Panel API. This application will alert the user when specific user preset thresholds are reached for various DiscountASP.NET web hosting account services. For example, the user can be alerted when their web hosting account disk space or bandwidth reaches a specific threshold.
    If you have any further questions or suggestions, please let me know.

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

Attached Files:

2. Your zip file will not unzip using WinZip 12.0.

3. mjp

mjp

The archive appears to be corrupt. Let me see if I can pull it out of the old forum files.

4. mjp

mjp

Okay, try it now, it should work. Apparently the old archive was damaged in the forum migration.

5. Memory usage

Is there a way to determine what kind of a memory footprint the application is running on at a given time?

I'd like to load test my app on DASP to see how many users it can accomodate before DASP resets the app due to high mem usage.

6. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

nope.

7. Thanks for the reply.

Is the server memory partitioned for each user at a certain capacity? If so, what is that capacity?

Or is the entire server memory shared across accounts so the max available can fluctuate depending on current load?

8. mjp

mjp

Your site runs in an isolated application pool, which means it has a finite amount of memory available to it. How much memory depends on whether you are on an IIS 6 (100mb) or IIS 7 (200mb) server.