Using IIS Remote Administration

Discussion in 'Getting started' started by Chemagar, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Hi,

I've been trying to use the remote IIS to make a web deploy, after folowing the steps I can only connect to the IIS in my PC :S. Can anyone give steps for dummies pls? :oops:

2. martino

martino DiscountASP.NET Staff

*(Scratches head)* I don't think you can web deploy using IIS Manager in our hosting environment. That would be the easy answer.

But lets give it a try.

Make sure you package is zipped up containing the manifest for web deploy. (If you didn't do this. Then skip the rest of the instructions blow and tell us how you created your web application on your next reply. For example did you use Visual Studio?, WebMatrix?)

Connect to your site via IIS Manager.

Right click on your domain name under the connections list.

Highlight deploy and select "Import Application...".

Click on Browse and navigate to the zip file you have that contains the manifest

Click next.

Then click next again.

Remove the text in the text field so the text field is empty. This will deploy the application to the root. If you want to deploy to a subdirectory this is where you enter the name of the subdirectory. Then click next.

Once it's done or if you get an error message it might be possible that you can't deploy using IIS Manager. So you will need to provide us with information on what you used to create your site. That way we might be able to provide you with an alternative method.

mjp likes this.