Visual Studio refuses to open a Database

Discussion in 'Visual Studio' started by DISCOU, Sep 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. I'm trying to open a database in Visual Studio- One I created fairly recently- and for some reason, VS won't open the file because it supposedly belongs to another user. Now, this shouldn't be possible, because I'm using the same user account om my computer that I used to create the database, but it still refuses to connect or open in visual studios. Even running Visual Studios as an Administrator isn't fixing the problem. And yet, when I open the datapase in another program, such as SQL Server Management Studio, it opens up fine. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this issue?

2. dmitri

dmitri DiscountASP.NET Staff

Are you trying to connect to the database that is hosted on your local SQL Server instance or on the SQL Server instance that is running on DiscountASP.NET? What is the exact error message you are getting in Visual Studio?

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.