Wordpress install

Discussion in 'Getting started' started by craig61a, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. I've installed Wordpress on my site, and have been having trouble seeing the Admin page. So I've looked around at a few sites and the forum here trying to figure out what I need to do to get it working.

I've tried a number of things that I've found here in the forums, but nothing seems to resolve the issue.

I now continue to get http 500 errors.

I'm using FileZilla to upload the files. I have deleted and uploaded the files a number of time to see if that would help. One thing I noticed is that a few times the upload show a target file is already in place, which is odd, since I deleted the directory prior to uploading.

I need to get this working soon so if anybody has any experience with running Wordpress on discount asp.net I'd sure appreciate any help you might be able to give.

Thanks

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

why not use the application installer in the control panel?

3. Well, because I couldn't seem to find any such thing on the sidebar...

Now, while it is one minor rev. back from 3.2.2, it does seem to work just fine. I'll think about upgrading it later. Now that was a real 'under 5 minutes install'. Not sure why the one I FTP'd up to the site was such a PITA, but I'll figure it out later...

Thanks for the reply!

Craig

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.