SmarterMail Group Feature

Discussion in 'Email' started by reachsoftwa, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. Hi,

I have it from tech support that SmarterMail does not support Groups (such as Outlook or any number of thin & thick clients do). Does anyone know how I can have this functionality using the thin client? If not is there any hope that DiscountASP will find a GOOD thin email client soon? SmarterMail is so good at marking spam that even mail sent from one of my employees to me is marked as spam.

Steven

2. Any email client should work with the SmarterMail server. They all connect the same way via POP3, or IMAP. Not really sure what you are asking.

3. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

As for spam, SmarterMail basically uses SpamAssassin to calculate spam score.

You can do several things

1) Whitelist your local domain

2) Adjust the spam weight to your own need.

4. I don't actually want a thick mail client. I want a thin mail client (web front end) that I can do normal email type things in. For instance, the default SmarterMail front end does NOT allow me to create groups so that I can send emails to a group of related contacts. My Sales Force for instance. I have to type each name in individually. It looks like I can create a Category, but can NOT send mail to the people in that category without typing each name individually.

So the question is two fold.
    1. Is there a way to send an email to a group of people without having to type each name in?
    2. If not, why not? Even hotmail has this feature and has since the dawn of time!

5. I think what you are trying to do is synchronize the Contact features in Outlook or some other 3rd party email tool with SmarterMail. And have the Distribution List feature also synchronize. SmarterMail doesn't have that distribution list.
    I'm thinking what you can do in SmarterMail is to create an Alias (Forwarding Account) and list all your sales force under the list of email address to forward to. But by doing that anybody that knows that alias email address can also email your entire sales force.

6. no quite. In Outlook, I can create a group and place the email addresses of people that I want to email all at once in that group. For instance I may want to tell my sales force that their numbers are due on Tuesday. Smarter mail doesn't allow me to do that. I can put the people in a Category, but I can't send an email to that category.

7. You can try using a Gmail account to send out into groups. I believe Gmail has a group feature in its contacts. You can configure Gmail to connect to our POP3 server and pull down your email from our server.
    If this doesn't work you can try the Alias route like I mentioned from the last thread.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.