Here's a recommendation...

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by TobinT, Aug 18, 2009.

1. How about some real customer support? I received a notice with a problem with my automatic billing. I tried to log into the control panel and could not do so. My only recorse was to email the address that you gave in response to this issue.

Rather than forwarding the email to the right place, I received an email from someone telling me to contact [email protected]. After doing so, I didn't receive a response. I tried emailing again and received no response. Then I received an email saying that my domain had been suspended due to non-payment. I've tried emailing several times to [email protected] and I still don't get a response.

Your customer service sucks. How about getting a phone number to call someone real when your system completely breaks down.

Thanks for nothing! :mad:

2. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

We are sorry to hear that you are finding it difficult to contact us. For billing matters, you would contact our biling department at [email protected]. This email address is posted on our website Contact Us page. Our billing department answer the tickets that come in. I'm not sure why you did not receive a reply. Did you also check your spam folder? Have you whitelisted our domain? If you provide us with a ticket number we can look into what happenned with the ticket.

3. I did email the billing address several times. I didn't get a response... therefor I didn't get a ticket number. I checked my spam folder and I haven't received anything there either. I couldn't open up a ticket number or anything because I couldn't log into your control panel. Essentially, if someone doesn't know their username/password, they receive no support. I still recommend that you get a phone number for these type of issues.

4. mjp

mjp

Then you must have a ticket number. An email instructing you to contact billing* would have come from the helpdesk.

All email responses we send to customers go through the helpdesk, so all email responses from us will have a ticket number in the subject. There are no exceptions to that.

So what's the ticket number of that first response?

---

*For the record, we would not send an email response telling someone to email a different department. Transferring a ticket between departments is a matter of a couple of clicks. We transfer tickets back and forth all day long.

5. Great so rather than calling me a liar let's get this straight.

You sent me a letter saying my account was suspended due to non-payment. There were NO TICKET NUMBERS associated with this.

I tried to log in to see why my auto-pay didn't work. Here is what transpired.

I hit: https://my.discountasp.net/login.aspx per the email's instructions. I couldn't log in so I clicked "support", this again brought me back to login. That led me to clicking on "suggestion/feedback" to which I sent my request for help:
    Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 1:43 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Crazy..

So you sent me an email saying you couldn’t renew my hosting.
    I tried to log in but apparently don’t remember my username or my password.
    I have no way to retrieve a password without a username.
    Is there no way to submit my email and get my username sent to me?

Thanks.
    Then I received this response WITHOUT A TICKET NUMBER :
    Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 2:27 PM
    To: Tobin
    Subject: RE: Crazy..

Hi

I found this in our suggestion/feedback email box.

If you cannot use the password retrieval system, then email our billing department at [email protected]
    Please include your domain name.

Regards,

Marketing Department
    DiscountASP.NET
    Well gee, it might be nice if they forwarded this on, but I did it myself. So much for your theory that you NEVER would do that... just "For the record".
    Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 11:37 AM
    To: '[email protected]'
    Subject: FW: Crazy..

I need help with my site. I don’t even remember what domain I’m hosting with you. That’s why I want to log in. Can you guys help?

Thanks,

Tobin
    To which I didn't receive a response. Then at 3pm I received another email WITHOUT A TICKET NUMBER telling me that my account was suspended.

So what am I to do? I send more requests to billing asking what is up. I still don't receive a response -- and obviously STILL NO TICKET NUMBERS!

I finally came out and decided to post this recommendation in public that you have a phone number. My reward is that I now I have about 10 emails from you WITH TICKET NUMBERS (finally) from the past 30-45 minutes. I also have the pleasure of being called a liar by a "customer service" person in the forums. Great way to thank people for their recommendation and their feedback!

I'll be canceling. Forget I even recommended anything. This is absolutely the worst customer service experience I have ever had from a hosting company.

6. I particluarly love this piece of farse:
    All email responses we send to customers go through the helpdesk, so all email responses from us will have a ticket number in the subject. There are no exceptions to that.
    Clearly I received a response that was NOT from customer service. So the "all" (italicized in YOUR response) was false. Then you said "there are no exceptions to that" which clearly was false as well.

Before you go calling your customers "liars" in public, get your facts straight.

7. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

Feedback email is handled by the Marketing Department which is not part of the helpdesk. To contact Billing, you would email at [email protected]

8. Clearly! As stated, I just clicked on the links on your own site. When instructed by marking to email billing, I did so. 3 and a half hours after emailing them, my site was suspended due to non-payment.

Clearly not ALL feedback is sent by helpdesk, as was stated by your cohort. Clearly there ARE exceptions to having a ticket number in a response.

9. mjp

mjp

I wasn't calling you a liar, I was trying to get a ticket number. I wouldn't assume that anyone emailed feedback@, it's not commonly used, though I can certainly understand why you did in that situation.

But you are right - an email to feedback does not go through the helpdesk. We'll fix that. My "All email responses we send to customers go through the helpdesk..." assertion was wrong. Mea culpa.