Capacity of an application pool

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by STEVEQ, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Hi,
    I have had google support state that my site is not being crawled due to high host server load. I understand that each account is hosted in its own application pool. I also understand that an application can be throttled back if it exceeds a certain measure e.g. 75% of CPU. Can anyone tell me (1) what these measures are. Also (2) what is the actual capacity given to my application pool - e.g. does my application pool actually give me an insufficient amount (for my application) of CPU - versus a more dedicated hosted environment?

Can anybody please advise as to the sizing of the application pool, what quantified capacity it provides so that this could be compared with the capacity offered by a more dedicated solution?

Steve

2. mjp

mjp

That seems unlikely.

Google bots will not generally be a CPU issue, unless your application is very resource hungry. As for what the application pool quotas are, that depends on whether your site is on IIS 6 or IIS 7. They are different.

You can tell Google to slow down its bots with a crawl-delay value in robots.txt. Check their site for more info on that.