why not working on discountasp.net?

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by tery, Jan 14, 2010.

1. my web application is working find on any other hosting except discount.net, here is the error message:

Configuration Error
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The connection name 'LocalSqlServer' was not found in the applications configuration or the connection string is empty.

Source Error:

Line 158: <roleManager>
    Line 159: <providers>
    Line 160: <add name="AspNetSqlRoleProvider" connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" applicationName="/" type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    Line 161: <add name="AspNetWindowsTokenRoleProvider" applicationName="/" type="System.Web.Security.WindowsTokenRoleProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    Line 162: </providers>

Source File: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config Line: 160

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

You'll need to define the LocalSqlServer connection string in the connection string section in your web.config.

If you still can't figure it out, post your web.config.

3. thanks for your help, after define the LocalSqlServer connection, it ok now.
    but another error about theme appeared: (I had a "default" theme under the App_Themes directory)

Parser Error Message: Theme 'Default' cannot be found in the application or global theme directories.

Source Error:

Line 85: </YalaRealEstate.Data>
    Line 86: <system.web>
    Line 87: <pages styleSheetTheme="Default" theme="Default">
    Line 88: <controls>
    Line 89: <add tagPrefix="data" namespace="YalaRealEstate.Web.Data" assembly="YalaRealEstate.Web"/>

4. i have figured it out , the theme problem caused by the Web Application I have setup.

thanks, it's works now~