email being greylisted?

Discussion in 'Email' started by pcdebb, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. I have a contact form on a site I administer. it sends an email to one of the users. It has worked flawlessly and all of a sudden it says one of the recipients has been greylisted. I have made no changes whatsoever to the page itself or any underlying code making it work.

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response was: 451 Greylisted, please try again in 900 seconds

2. Hi,
    Was it one of the mail servers having maintenance?
    They are listed in the top section of these forums.
    All the best,
    Mark

3. mjp

mjp

Your code wouldn't affect a recipient's greylisting. Greylisting is a function of the target server, not the sender. So what likely happened is that recipient - or that recipient's mail server - recently began greylisting.

4. Greylisting

I would contact Discount and have them check I had the same issue with Wufoo those emails all of a sudden quit. After 4 tries I find that the emails were being greylisted by discount and they were able to get that fixed. It was a pain though. Hope this helps!

5. mjp

mjp

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.