MVC Handler misconfiguration?

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by bradhe, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Hey there,

Something mysterious happened to our instance today. We're on web709 and we're actually hosting two sites on the instance: One is our public website on our www and then private instances of our app on our wildcard subdomain. I got this working via URL rewriting all fine.

Today, though, the rewrite rules disappeared from our IIS. No big, I re-wrote them...but it looks like there is a misconfiguration with the MVC handler as I get the following error:

HTTP Error 404.4 - Not Found
    The resource you are looking for does not have a handler associated with it.

Here is a screen shot of the whole thing: http://i.imgur.com/8H0hO.png

Can anyone look in to this error and potentially as to why the URL rewrite rules disappeared?

Thanks,

2. I took a look at your app and it's working now.... did you make any changes?

3. mjp

mjp

The configuration you do in IIS Manager is written to the web.config file. If you manually replaced web.config with a different version you could have wiped out the rewrite...

4. Hello bradhe,

How did you make the two sites work?
    We have 2 sites. 1 main and the other one is subdomain. We have tried the URL rewriting, purchased unlimited subdomain, used the KB code for subdomain, but nothing seems to work. When we navigate to the subdomain, we are only getting the 500 internal error.

Please help.