A few sugestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by shapper, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Hello,

I have been using DiscountASP.NET for 2 years. I host most of my clients web sites with you.
    You offer a great service. However, you forget your clients which host many web sites with you. Basicly, your best clients.

Here are some of the features which in my opinion should be implemented.

1. Central control panel for more then one web site.
    You have no idea the mess i am into. The more web sites more complicated it becomes.
    At least you could put a common access.
    2. A way to control DiscountASP.NET messages.
    My clients receive your communication emails and the virus warning emails.
    That is useless. They should be sent to me (the administration).
    3. A more complete web mail with maybe some administration features in it.
    4. Please to put an URL in livestats. Something like: http://livestats.domain.com
    This service has even a fee so i think it would deserve it.
    5. A more complete a better Knowledge Base.
    6. A better Chart Component. All your components are the best ones.
    However the chart component is far from being the best out there.

Well, can i get some feedback from other users and from DiscountASP.NET.

Cheers,
    Miguel

2. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

Thank you for your suggestions and we appreciate your continued business. I will pass them along to our Product Manager.

This year we will be working on many projects which are geared toward customers with multiple accounts, as well as getting prepared for ASP.NET 2.0.

As for improving the Knowledge Base- we are continually adding articles and we are committed to making the Knowlege Base useful to our customers. If thereis content that is missing or improvement suggestions, we encourage customers to let us know. Without customer input, we rely on repetitive technical support inquiries as potential new content for the Knowledge Base.

As for Components, our Product team is continually negotiating with vendors and evaluating various components. There are some component vendors that simply do not want to work with Shared hosting companies and/or do not offer cost-effective site licensing options and/or build their components in a way that is operationally difficult to manage. If you or any customers have any suggestions for additional components that they would like to see, please let us know. Part of the prioritiesfor Componentlaunches and product licensing budgetsare based on demand.

As for the particular charting component that we currently offer, if there is something deficient about it, please contact GraphicsServer and let them know. I'm sure they would appreciate the feedback.

DiscountASP.NET is committed to improving our hosting platform, infrastructure, product offering and service. Since the launch of our business, we have been continually moving forward and we have no intention of stopping. There are many very exciting things that are in the works for 2005. Please stay tuned and we appreciate all customer feedback.

DiscountASP.NET
    http://www.DiscountASP.NET

3. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

1 more note on your livestats suggestion.

you can easily do that by creating a A record with the DNS manager to point to the IP address of the LS server (64.79.161.25).

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

4. Hi,

it's working. Thanks.

The starnge thing is that for the past 8 months i asked if DiscountAsp.Net allready had a way to solve this out and use a URL like livestats.domain.com and i allways got a negative answer and the information that this feature would be considered.

Maybe you should include this information when a person subscrives livestats.
    It would be useful for other users.

Cheers,
    Miguel

5. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

The DNS manager was officially launched last month. Will suggest to make a Knowledge base article on this.

DiscountASP.NET
    http://www.DiscountASP.NET