ABC PDF - Html to PDF

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by fizzystutter, May 21, 2007.

1. Hi,

I am trying to find a work-around for the AddImageURL function being disabled in the WebSuperGoo component (ABC PDF).

I need to be able to convert an existingwebpage to a PDF file.

I have had a reply from the support staff at discountasp.net which was:

?We do not support the AddImageUrl method or any methods that ABCpdf used to retrieve HTML data from the internet. That's because it will use the Internet Explorer engine, which on the server has very restrictive permissions. Sources for your PDFs must reside from files on your site or from user input.?

Does or has anyone got a workaround for this ?

Thanks
    James

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Sorry. I am not aware of any workaround.

May be another PDF component will work but I have not tested any.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The only thing is that other PDF objects will cost money.

The main reason I went with discountasp.net was that they had the abcpdf object already on the server. I now may have to move the 3 sites I am developing due to this very reason.

James

4. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

james,

Iam sorry that this doesn't work out for you but enabling this feature greatly affect the security setup on our server.

Sorry.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

5. sir

There is a problem when i using a COM component in my application and uploaded on server. This component is for Converting a page in to pdf.
    when i taking to convert page into pdf OR using my com Component method. this give a error that say accesss is denied.
    The error is

"ExpertPdf.HtmlToPdf.HtmlConvert<WBR>Exception: Could not generate the PDF document. Could not get image from url. Could not initialize the html converter object.Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))."

html converter: this is my COM Component object.

where i purcahe this COM Componet the representative of this Com Compont r give me advice that the access(COM Compont)is not grated on server.

please reply me and solve out this prblem.

Thanks in Advance
    maheshwari

6. Hi,

Yep, I tried ExpertPDF too. It gets blocked by security. Does anyone know of any HTML to PDF converter that will work on discountasp.net?

7. Tried 4 different NET Html to PDF converters, none of these will work due to trust issues on discountasp.

Managed to get a PHP version to work though. Not something I really wanted to do given we have moved our site from the old PHP one to NET here on discountasp, but beggars can't be choosers.