ABCPdf PDFTable

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by dedekind, Aug 29, 2006.

1. The examples on the WebSuperGoo web site show how to create a table in a PDF using a PDFTable class. When I try to create this on my site, I get an error in the Dim objTable as PDFTable line. Is there some kind of imports or page directive I need to set to be able to use this? Does discountasp.net have the PDFTable class installed?

TIA!

2. Yes, we do support ABDpdf.You have to import WebSupergoo.ABCpdf5 and also add a reference to ABCpdf.dll.See the following links for some more information and sample code.

Vikram

3. I can create a PDF and have everything working for a standard PDF. In WebSuperGoo's documentation (which isn't very good) they have sample code to create a table.

http://www.websupergoo.com/helppdf5net/source/4-examples/09-table1.htm

Dim theTable As PDFTable = New PDFTable(theDoc, 5)
    The above line gives me an error on the discountasp server. I assume this is some custom class that is not in the ABCPDF library. I was wondering what I need to add to use this custom class or if it is even installed on the servers.

I also downloaded the ABCPdf install program from their site to install on my home machine. There is a sample class that is the PDFTable in there. Did you guys install this on your server?

TIA

4. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

what is the error you are getting?

What version of ABCPDF are you using in your local environment?

5. Could this be something simple, like you didn't include the proper "Using" statement at the top?

6. Hi there, i had the same problem with that sample and found this post on google.

The PDFTable class is a custom class. Its not part of the abcpdf components.

If you installed the abcpdf package, in the start menu, go to ABCPDF menu group, then 'Example Projects' folder you'll see the sample projects.

Open up the table sample project, and there's a class called PDFTable that is part of that project. Its a custom written class for the sample.

Drav