Access to STMP logs?

Discussion in 'Email' started by raymondp, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. Unfortunately this seems to be becoming an on going problem with Yahoo. Yahoo is either blacklisting our servers or greylisting them. Our email administrator has tried contacting them but were having difficulties getting a definitive straight answer from them. Sorry, Yahoo is a big company and we have to do a lot of yelling before we get heard. All I can say is we are working on it and trying to find a resolution to this matter.

Unfortunately as for allowing you to access the smtp log, hmmmmm, we're not going to be able to do this either. The smtp log not only contains your email transmissions, but also records of other accounts that is using that server. For security reasons we cannot allow customers to gain access to that.

We do on some cases will go through the smtp log and pull up the records pertaining to that account, but keep in mind that this is a case by case basis and really not an ordinary service we can provide. Parsing through the smtp log is labor intensive. And our administrators do have other responsibilities that must be kept to insure that our service is up and running.

rcp
    DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

2. My site sends out registration confirmation emails, and recently (within the last month or so) I've seen consistently more and more emails bounced back from Yahoo Mail users with an error message:
    I've contacted Yahoo for help, and they've said:
    I've taken care of 'A' through 'C' above to the best of my knowledge. Can DASP assist with the specific error codes and SMTP logs?

Any info/tips are appreciated.

Thanks

3. whoopsies on the typo in the forum name /emoticons/shakehead.gif

4. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Yahoo's been having SOOO much problem recently since Microsoft announced their intention of acquiring them. Not sure if all their engineers are bailing :)

Don't bother about filling out that form because it is useless. We submitted at least 20 times but only got auto response. It took our admin months to finally get someone on the phone but they are in such disarray, they didn't know how to fix the problem.

The situation seems to have gotten better in the past few days. Most email going to yahoo are being delivered.

We are not the only one that's having problem w/ Yahoo. See this post, http://www.ahfx.net/weblog.php?article=107

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.