ActiveX not showing up with framework 2.0

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by ikhan, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Hi,

I am using an activex control on my website. It was running fine with framework 1.1, when I try to run it on framework 2.0 it's not showing up.

It's not showing any error message, just a "image not found icon" inwebpage's body and "DONE" on IE's status bar. When switch it to framwork 1.1
    it runs fine.

One more thing I want to askthat my activex takes a lot of time to load every time I hit the page, can anyone help me how to make its performance better.Activex control downloads every time, is there anywaythe control download for first time and after that it will run form client's machine.

Thanks
    Imtiaz

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

I am not really sure about this one, i'll do some research on the net.

ActiveX is executed on the browser side and performance is dictated by the speed of the machine running it.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. Thank you Bruce</o:p>
    </o:p>
    What I think for the activeX not showing issue is that this might be some security issue because I had the same problem earlier with framework 1.1. What I did for thatI have set a permission using .net framework 1.1 configuration in controlpanel >> administrative tools and the control runs fine after that but after installing framework 2.0 I go to the control panel >> administrative tools to look for framework 2.0 configuration but I can't find such option.

I have installed both framework 1.1 and framework 2.0 on the same machine and compiling the solution using VS 2003. When I remove framework 2.0 from the machine then it shows up but if framework 2.0 is present on the machine then it does not shows up, do you think thisis due to framework 2.0,do you think some security settings required here.</o:p>
    Kindly help me out.</o:p>
    Thanks</o:p>
    ImtiazKhan</o:p>

Post Edited (Imtiaz Khan) : 12/12/2005 4:40:34 PM GMT

4. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

hmm... i have not heard of this before but may be a fresh install will fix the problem.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET