AJAX error

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by pash, Mar 26, 2008.

1. But i didn't use new AJAX version, as website remains NetFramework 2.0 (i didn't upgrade to 3.5 framework).
    And link from microsoft allows to create website with AJAX 1.0.

2. Have you verified that the AjaxControlToolkit.dll in your Bin Directory is the same version in your web.config file on the servers?

Steve

"Why does it always do what I tell it...not what I want it to?"

3. yes, same version.

It looks like VS2008 createdinvisible reference somewhere to point to AJAX 3.5

I did the same in VS2005 - and everything works fine now.

4. I have had numerous challenges with VS2008. INstall was pure grief.

I put it back on the shelf and will continue to work with my VS2005 for another couple of months.

Steve

"Why does it always do what I tell it...not what I want it to?"

5. Hi.
    Afterupdating website in VS2008 and uploading to server 2 files (1 page and 1 class were added so i updated only 2 dlls: App_Code.dll and App_Web_cities.aspx.fdf7a39c.dll)
    i receive error:
    Parser Error
    Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The base class includes the field 'ScriptManager1', but its type (System.Web.UI.ScriptManager) is not compatible with the type of control (System.Web.UI.ScriptManager).

Source Error:

Code:
    Line 34: [b]
    Line 35: <form id="form2" runat="server">
    Line 36: <asp:ScriptManager id="ScriptManager1" runat="server"></asp:ScriptManager>
    Line 37: <div id="basis">
    Line 38: 	<div id="content">
    Source File: /home.aspx Line: 36

Can someone tell what is wrong?
    I have correct references in web.config to point into AJAX 1.0.6 (and id didn't change it).
    Earlier i used VS2005, but i didn't chnage/add any reference in VS2008.

Thanx in advance.