AJAX Sys is undefined

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by jmmmmm, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Guys/Gals

I have been at this for over 2 months now. I cannot figure out why I get the "Sys is undefined" errorwhen a ScriptManager is on mypage. I have tried everything I could find on the web. I need AJAX to work. Please help!

Here is my web config

2. Can you post the ASPX page also? This error can happen if you are using a version of the Control Toolkit that is not compatible with the version of AJAX loaded.

Aristotle

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

4. What version should I have and how do I know its wrong?

5. Im using v1.0.61025

6. wisemx, thanks so much for the reply. I am only using a scriptmanager and updatepanel. I didnt think the toollit was required for that. am i wrong?

7. The UpdatePanel is part of Ajax but the animations extender for it are part of the ControlToolkit.
    If you're not using anything fancy, rounder, shadows, animation, you can skip the ControlToolkit.
    Personally I think it gives most of the panels a nice touch and it can be used in a lightweight manner.
    I'm really swamped right now but I can mix up some samples for you after next Wednesday.
    Salute,
    Mark

8. I would surely like to use some of the more advanced AJAX objects, but I cant even get the scriptmanager to exist on the page without any objects and not cause the Sys is undefined error. Its frusterating as all get out.

9. It appears that something security setting is set incorrectly. If I remove

10. Two things...
    1. Go to the http://ASP.NET site and get the latest versions of Ajax and the ControlToolkit.
      If you are not using ASP.NET 3.5 yet you can get the latest version for ASP.NET 2.0
    2. Add the script manager to your master page.
      It can be an Ajax master page for your pages that are using the Master.

11. Web app uses FBA.

Navigate to site take you to login page first (as is should). All appears well and AJAX is working (no Java errors).

Upon FBA athentication (login) all AJAX pages become non functional with the 'Sys is undefined' error.

Has anyone seen this?