AJAX ToolKit Beta 1.0

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by vvsharma, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Many customers asked about how to use the ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit Controls on their website. Because this is new, our research showed limited and conflicting information out on the Internet. So we tested the Toolkit and got it to work on our server. Here are some instructions:

1. Download AJAX extension setup from http://ajax.asp.net
    Download The ASP.NET AJAX CTP and Control Toolkit from http://ajax.asp.net/default.aspx?tabid=47&subtabid=471

2. Once AJAX extension is installed, the Microsoft.Web.Extensions.dll can be found at: [Program Files%\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions\v1.0.61025\]

3. Copy Microsoft.Web.Extensions.dll to the Bin Directory of your web application, which is using the Control Toolkit Controls.

4. Upload your Web Application to the DiscountASP.NET Server and configure the application folder as a web application using Web Application tool within the Control Panel.

Here is a link to a sample use of Control Toolkit Controls on a DiscountASP.NET Server.

http://daspstaff00.web120.discountasp.net/SampleAjax/default.aspx

More Information on how to Configure Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Web Developer to use Control Toolkit can be found here: http://ajax.asp.net/ajaxtoolkit/Walkthrough/Setup.aspx

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

Post Edited (vvsharma) : 11/4/2006 1:45:23 AM GMT

2. I've followed all of these steps but i can't get it worked.

I've a security error when i placed the dll in the bin :

Maybe it's linked to the trust level ??

Please help me out with this.

---

Security Exception
    Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Configuration.ConfigurationPermission, System.Configuration, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' failed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Configuration.ConfigurationPermission, System.Configuration, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' failed.]
    System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) +0
    System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() +59
    System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.CheckPermissionAllowed(String configKey, Boolean requirePermission, Boolean isTrustedWithoutAptca) +65

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

</font>

3. I also am struggling with these new requirements, but for a different reason. I currently have my web application pages inside the root directory (index.aspx, search.aspx). If I'm interpreting this correctly, I would need to declare the folder a web application, which in the root directory I already thought was the case. In my control panel, I cannot adjust the root web app settings.

So basically are you saying that I need to create a subdirectory and have my master pages, index and everything else moved there so I can declare it a web app? This doesn't sound right and is difficult to carry out in my case.

Any help is appreciated here.

4. Ok.

I've sorted it out, it was with the trust level indeed.

5. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

cragi: The root is already setup as an application. You do not need to reset it.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

6. cragi, what's exactly the error you are faced to ?

Luckyhuss

7. I'm trying to use the control toolkit as well. My bin has the following references:
    ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll
    ajaxextensionstoolbox.dll
    microsoft.web.extensions.dll
    microsoft.web.preview.dll

The error is here:
    www.loansifterqa.com

8. one of the guys here seems to think that the message is because you haven't made this file available on the server hosting this site. Judging by your comments, are you saying that this is not necessary..does the dll contain the neceesary data?

9. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

10. Your site seems to work fine.If I am not wrong you have used the TextBoxWaterMark right?

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

11. yes it is working fine now..thanks everyone.. The dll's hadn't were re-uploaded and worked fine this time..

12. If you have more than one project on your webserver make sure you put the dll's in the bin of the root of your hosting space. Took me ages to figure that out!