Any definitive answer on SPF?

Discussion in 'Email' started by rwannall, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. I am trying to set up SPF for our site. I still get SPAM-LOW text in the subject.

I have been surprised that no KB article, nor any forum response, points to an obviously definitive answer for the simple goal:

To be able to identify the servers that send email for me from my domain in such a way that SPF-participating servers will read the information and understand that the email is legitimate.

In my web.config:
    <system.net>
    <mailSettings>
    <smtp from="[email protected]">
    <network host="localhost" password="**********" userName="********"/>
    </smtp>
    </mailSettings>
    </system.net>

Email gets sent. We send to [email protected] for many topics, and when we do,

I've added one TXT Record:

Domain Name TXT Data TTL
    myschoolvalet.com v=spf1 a mx ~all 3600

Some, though not all, of the emails from our contact page to our internal support address (support@myschoolval) are labelled SPAM-LOW when we get them.

I assume something similar would be happening to emails we send from the same site out to parents in our PTOs.

Any additional info or guidance on this topic is very welcome.

I will now return to openspf.org, wikipedia, and whatever else I run across

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

I really don't recommend adding SPF nowadays. Most mail servers really do not use SPF as an indicator for spam.

If you misconfigure your domain's SPF, you'll have a lot of trouble.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.