Any notification before the mailbox is full?

Discussion in 'Email' started by jdcrutchley, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. Currently SmarterMail will wait until the mailbox is full and then just start bouncing messages back to the sender. Is there some way for it to send a mail to the mailbox owner (and maybe administrator also) when the box is some percentage of full? For example, set it so at 80% full it notifies the owner. That would be much more useful than waiting until there's actually a problem, but I can't find any setting like that in the interface.

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

I don't think so. But I think an email is sent to the primary admin (postmaster) account when the quota is close to limit.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. I did see an administrator e-mail when it hit the limit, not when it got close. Ideally, a notification would be made so some action could be taken before e-mail starts getting bounced, but if it doesn't do that, it doesn't do that.

4. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Good point!!

I'll forward the suggestion to SmarterTools.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.