anybody know how to make asp.net using mysqlserver ?

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by pile, Jun 6, 2007.

1. anybody know how to make asp.net using mysqlserver ?

Post Edited By Moderator (mjp) : 6/8/2007 12:49:35 AM GMT

2. Try referencing this kb article for a example of a connection string for .net to connect to MySQL using DSN.

3. Which KB article? Everytime I search .net MySQL and DSN -- I get lots of results, but they don't show me how to connect to mysql in .net using dsn :(

This would save me from converting all of my MySqlCommand's -> OdbcCommand etcetc!! We're talking many hours if I can get MySQL's .net connector to work properly[​IMG]

4. Thanks, but that link is using ODBC and DSN. I need it to use this method of connection

using MySql.Data.MySqlClient;

MySqlConnection conn = new MySqlConnection("DSN={username}_mySqlConn;");

MySqlCommand myCommand = new MySqlCommand("usp_insertPhoto", conn);

myCommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;

MySqlParameter param;

param = new MySqlParameter("_name", MySqlDbType.VarChar, 50);

param.Value = fuAddPhoto.FileName;

myCommand.Parameters.Add(param);

However I read somewhere that DiscountASP.net doesn't support using MySql.Data.MySqlClient. Maybe if I include the dll in the project I can still reference it, I'll test I guess! Thx,

5. Yeah we don't support MySQL data providers because there so many out there.

6. Can the .NET Connector take DSN instead of connection string? As I understand, the only way to connect to MySQL database on discountasp.net is via DSN. Or am I wrong there?

7. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

You should be able to just upload the data provider into the app root's bin directory.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET