Application will not logout!

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by jfs1967, Jun 7, 2006.

1. My application will not logout! Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas why?

2. Sure, I am using the same master page as the personal website. I use a base page class and session state to store some application settings.

When I click Logout, the Logout button is still there and so are all the links to the admin pages which I can still access.

Here is what I last tried in web.config

<authentication mode="Forms">

<forms name=".netsolut"

loginUrl="Logon.aspx"

protection="Validation"

timeout="480"

slidingExpiration="true"

/>

Post Edited (jfs1967) : 6/8/2006 11:16:17 PM GMT

3. One thing I noticed about your code is the slidingExpiration. It is supposed to be a boolean, indicating whether to slide the expiration or not. I doubt this is causing your problem.

If you are using a login status control, make sure the LogoutAction is set to RedirectToLoginPage.

4. There is some code for logging out ensure the default site theme is restored

Protected Sub LoggingOut(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As LoginCancelEventArgs)

Session.Remove("CurrentTheme")

End Sub

And here is the page code

<asp:LoginStatus ID="LoginStatus1" Runat="server" OnLoggingOut="LoggingOut" />

It occurred to me that I might try to logout from a machine that is not my developement machine, too.

5. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

6. Add something like this to your logout event...

Session.Clear()
    Session.Abandon()
    FormsAuthentication.SignOut()
    Response.Redirect("~/login.aspx")

Joel Thoms
    DiscountASP.NET
    http://www.DiscountASP.NET

7. It is working now

It seems that changing

protection="All"

To

protection="Validation"