ASP.NET 2.0 Hosting (Root and Sub Direct with Different Web.Config in Same Domain)

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by sunobject, Mar 1, 2007.

1. </o:p>
    Hi,
    </o:p>
    I want to config Production Server Database and Staging Server Database Connection String in Same Application depends on Location path.

1. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Example. www.webapp.com (Root Directory)
    When I browse this site the production DataBase Server Connection String should be called through Web.Config of root directory.

1. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Example. www.webapp.com/LiveBeta (here ?LiveBeta? is a Sub Directory)
    When I browse this site the Staging (Testing) Database Server Connection String should be called through Web.Config of sub directory.
    Both the root and sub directory are same application.
    How can I maintain both the application in one server with different Web.Config files depending on the directories?
    I tried it out but received the error as connection string conflict.
    How can toggle this issue in ASP.NET 2.0 with 2 Database in same server?
    It's very urgent one.
    Thank you

Sundar

2. You could define your own config section, and have nodes for each enviro tagged appropriately.Writean implementation ofIConfigurationSectionHandler to read the section and there you go.

<section name="Sundars.appConfig"

type="Sundars.AppConfigSectionHandler,Sundars"/>

<Sundars.appConfig>

<!-- [Your enviro specific stuff here] -->

<config Config.ServerName="PROD"

Config.ApplicationPath="?"

SQL.ConnectString="Application Name=?;Data Source=?;Initial Catalog=?;Connect Timeout=30;Integrated Security=SSPI"

...ETC="?"

/>

<config Config.ServerName="TEST"

Config.ApplicationPath="?"

SQL.ConnectString="Application Name=?;Data Source=?;Initial Catalog=?;Connect Timeout=30;Integrated Security=SSPI"

...ETC="?"

/>

</Sundars.appConfig>

3. Hi,

Thank you for your help.

Thank you

Sundar