ASP.net 2.0 sites hosted at Discountasp.com?

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by ReTox, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Hello there,

I host 3 asp.net websites on another host, which has the option of unlimited domains per account.

They do not have any awards as a hosting company, their support is utterly stupid, and, what is most important, their servers are overloaded with bunch of websites and performance is HORRIBLE. I registered my domains to free monitoring systems just to check if this is a network issue (I am in Europe, they are in USA), but this is not the case, the systems reported that websites are unavailable even from the USA. I receive a dozen of error messages daily. When I try to access domains from a browser, sometimes I get 'Service unavailable' errors, or the time to get the page goes up to 1 minute, or the page never shows up.

The web applications for all domains are restarted from time to time, and one site which is using SQLServer is reporting every week (via email) an error about connections:
    'Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.'

But there is no chance my code is wrong, since data access layer is created with a codegenerator, and connections are used in open-early, close-late manner. When I connect with SQLServer Studio to their SQLServer, I can see that there are a literaly, zillions of databases on that server and their SQLServer collapsed.

They have a similar hosting option, which costs like DiscountASP's Base Hosting Plan, but I am not willing to risk anymore with them, especially since there are no details about the visibility and uptime of my application.

What I would like to know is what are your experiences with DiscountASP hosting service and (if you can) provide some website urls (only asp.net 2.0, please) so I can check them?

Thanks a lot