ASP.NET AJAX (ATLAS) support

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by Bruce, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Oh yeah.. our team spent at least 20% of our time devoted to testing new technologies and tools.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

2. Thanks! I m glad to hear that you guys are trying hard to make it available for us![​IMG]

J. Bey
    Free-lancer IT Pro.
    "Life is tough...but programming is FuN"</CODE>

3. The ATLAS framework is Microsoft's ASP.NET 2.0 implementation of AJAX. The newest version of ATLAS is the April CTP, and it can be downloaded at http://atlas.asp.net.

DiscountASP web servers are compatible with ATLAS.

Major features include:

1. An assembly called Microsoft.Web.Atlas.dll, from which you can create the Atlas controls. It also incorporates the core javascript libraries needed by the browser. Don't forget to copy this DLL file in the /bin of your web application.

2. Bridge files. You can connect to external web services by consuming these web services through a type of proxy called the Atlas Bridge. It has the file extension .asbx. To use this feature, contact support to map the .asbx extension to the ASP.NET 2.0 isapi.

3. Connecting to Windows Communications Foundation (WCF) services. This is not installed on the DiscountASP web servers (yet? still in beta), so it is not supported. You can only consume regular ASMX web services.

Post Edited By Moderator (Eric [DASP]) : 1/19/2007 6:50:02 PM GMT

4. Second the kudos, great job guys... Anyone done anything grand with ATLAS yet on DiscountASP.net?

5. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

i know many of our users are using it but I think most sites are still in developments

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

6. JCo

JCo

Do you guys plan toupgradeATLAS to July CTP soon?

7. atlas does not require installation on the servers.

If you want to use the July CTP, you can download it off of the atlas site and install it on your site.

Joel Thoms
    DiscountASP.NET
    http://www.DiscountASP.NET