aspnet_Membership_GetPasswordWithFormat

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by GlennC, Apr 28, 2006.

1. A lot of people on google groups has this error:
    Procedure or function aspnet_Membership_GetPasswordWithFormat has too many arguments specified

No one really answered the question very well.

I had it myself. I found the best answer on Microsoft.com

I had the .NET framework 2.0 but it was the Beta version. I was using the Beta version of the Studio also. Previously, I ran asp_regsql and everything worked fine. When I copied my database to the website, I got this error.

After some research, I found the answer. The asp_regsql that I ran was too old. It was from the Beta. So a stored procedure that it put into my database didn't match what the latest version of the Framework on the website wants.

So I went to Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs and removed the .NET version 2.0.50215 (beta). Then I downloaded the non-beta version of the framework:2.0.50727. It required me to remove a few programs first, so I did. I didn't need them anyway. I installed the new framework and re-ran aspnet_regsql (using the Wizard) on the same database that I ran the old version on. It ran fine.

Then, I transferred my database back up to the web site. This gave me some errors, but I hit the back button and changed options. I uncheck the option to upload all objects and I picked the objects. I picked all the stored procedures.

The transfer then worked fine and the website now works fine.

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Interesting post!!!

Others have reported similar problem but it throws an INvalid schema (or something similar) error.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET