assembely error

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by amirrezaz, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Hello,

I'm trying to add a assembely in web.config of my application :

<add assembly="Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c"/>

but whenI try to run my applicationI encounter this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 95: <assemblies>
    Line 96: <add assembly="System.Security, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
    Line 97: <add assembly="Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c"/>
    Line 98: </assemblies>
    Line 99: </compilation>

Source File: E:\web\carrierconn\htdocs\web.config Line: 97

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

Can anyone help me ?

Best Regards,

AmirReza

2. Office assemblies are not installed on the server. I'm not sure you'll be able to use this assembly.

Joel Thoms
    DiscountASP.NET
    http://www.DiscountASP.NET

3. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

You definitely cannot use this InterOp. This InterOp is a wrapper for MS Excel runtim and it requires MS Excel to be installed on the server.

What are you trying to do? Have you consider using OWC 11 which installed on the server?

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

4. I'm just trying to make some excel sheet and doing some excel sheet tasks with my asp.net 2.0 application.

5. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

OWC11 should do the trick for you.

Search this forum, i think there are plenty of post related to using OWC11 with ASP.NET>

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET