Assembly Error

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by dropkic, Apr 24, 2007.

1. I am migrating asp classic site to asp.net 2.0

I tried this; I created a folder for asp.net pages, then uploaded all asp.net pages to that folder. This is a project I put together for a company catalog. I want to do the backend first. I have selected asp.net 2.0 for that folder in iss panel and I'm still getting an error. This is the error:
    >
    > Line 40: <compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true">
    > Line 41: <assemblies> Line 42: <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/></assemblies></compilation>
    > Line 43: <pages>
    > Line 44: <namespaces>
    >
    > Can you help me or point me in the right direction. I haven't been able to find any info on running both asp classic and asp.net 2.0, if its even possible.

2. Could you Post the whole error message?The lines you have posted doesnt profvide much information.

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. I am not using inline sql but using DAL with BAL and I think the code in the BAL might have something to do with it. I'm not sure but I've never seen that error before and if assemblies, then its code it cannot access to create assembly. Not sure, what do you think?

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Code:
    Line 40:   <compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true">
    Line 41: 			<assemblies>
    Line 42: 				<add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/></assemblies></compilation>
    Line 43: 		<pages>
    Line 44: 			<namespaces>
    Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config Line: 42

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' could not be loaded.

Code:
    WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Version Information:Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42 <!--
    [FileNotFoundException]: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
    at System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective)
    [ConfigurationErrorsException]: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config line 42)
    at System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective)
    at System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo ai)
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig)
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler..ctor(VirtualPath configPath, Boolean supportLocalization, String outputAssemblyName)
    at System.Web.Compilation.CodeDirectoryCompiler.GetCodeDirectoryAssembly(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories, Boolean isDirectoryAllowed)
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectory(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories)
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectories()
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled()
    [HttpException]: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config line 42)
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ReportTopLevelCompilationException()
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled()
    at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters)
    [HttpException]: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config line 42)
    at System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr)
    -->

4. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

This error means that your application is trying use AJAX but it can't find it.

Do you have AJAX installed on your computer?

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

5. You are correct! I installed the AJAX framework on the server and it worked. No more errors!

Thanks!