Autoresponder

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by max06, May 8, 2006.

1. Hi, I noticed a post in 2003, where someone is asking if it is possible to use the autoresponder without having to delete the pop account, but just make it so it can be turned on and off, and a reply from Eric. saying 'at this point this is not possible', suggesting you were thinking of adding it. Is that still part of the plan, and how much work would such an addition involve for you guys? I know I would like it and I know my work team would love it also

thanks so much

Max

2. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

Yes, this is a feature that is on the table. However, there are some other backend upgrades that need to occur first in order to get working on this particular feature. It may seem like a trivial/simple feature, but as with many things, there are a lot of technical issues to be addressed - and we would want to make sure that there are control panel tools so the customer has complete control.

Eric
    DiscountASP.NET
    http://www.DiscountASP.NET

3. Thanks so much for replying. I can only imagine how complex that must be. Do you have any general large ballpark figure estimate? I know that is hard to make, one year, two years, or just eventually? I won't hold you to it, but it helps with my planning. thanks so much for trying.
    Max

4. sinceI haven't heard back for the last four days about a timeline for this, I assume I cannot expect any change happen soon /emoticons/smile.gif Good to know. Take it easy and look forward to it eventually. It must be not a very important item for many of us. You guys have been really great, and I love everything you do. (well except autoresponder thing, because you don't have one for existing email accounts) It's been the best hosting serving I was on yet in all other respects, so I gladly stay on and just keep bugging you guys about it. /emoticons/nono.gif
    thanks and love
    Max

5. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

We understand that the "vacation" feature is important to you and others. We are currently working on migrating all our customers to the new v2 system. For the current implemenation of the v2 system, we did not want to introduce more "moving parts" as it could potentially make the testing/migration more difficult. Therefore, the first step of v2was to replicate everything in v1.

But the v2 system was designed to facilitate the launch of new features. Therefore, after complete migration, we should be introducing email feature enhancements.

Eric
    DiscountASP.NET
    http://www.DiscountASP.NET

6. Hi eric,
    still thinking about the autoresponder. I am often out of the office, and it would really help me if I had the option of turning an autoresponder on and off. I know others have been writing about this and I am disappointed, that the new v2 email doesn't have this option. It's very akward, to delete the email address, recreate it each time you want to send out emails during your outofthe office time, and I frankly don't understand your thinking behind the solution that you have now. Any thoughts
    Max