Bandwidth Allocation

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by geraldnupa, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Just wonna say I am seriously pleased with Discountasp so far. I mean with regards to uptime etc. Your service is truly unique. The name discount more than does it. However, Can I just plead with the 4GB bandwidth allocation? I have already run out in 9 days...

thx

2. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

As we grow and get breaks on our bandwidth costs, we do plan on passing the savings onto our customers.

3. hi, totally new to the world of asp and about to organize hosting for a new community site..where does one begin to understand how much band width, space etc..will be required? So far we have 200 odd pages, filled with messageboards, chatrooms, articles, and everything interactive possible..

What is the basic difference between asp and other server types, besides a program (shoutbox) we wish to run that only works on asp..

I am use to running basic sites on geocities, using html etc., but all I read of here is spinning my mind, seems so complicated to a programmer novice..I thought learning frontpage was a challenge, it was nothing compared to what comes next it seems..[:0]

4. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

4G of bandwidth should give you a lot of page hits. You'll be notified when your bandwidth usage is close to the limit.

quote:Originally posted by Janet

hi, totally new to the world of asp and about to organize hosting for a new community site..where does one begin to understand how much band width, space etc..will be required? So far we have 200 odd pages, filled with messageboards, chatrooms, articles, and everything interactive possible..

What is the basic difference between asp and other server types, besides a program (shoutbox) we wish to run that only works on asp..

I am use to running basic sites on geocities, using html etc., but all I read of here is spinning my mind, seems so complicated to a programmer novice..I thought learning frontpage was a challenge, it was nothing compared to what comes next it seems..[:0]

</blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">