Basic Help - Getting Started...

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by Takeshi Eto, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

I'm not sure what you wish to do with your website.

If you want to learn ASP.NET, you can check online there are many .NET resource sites out there. There are many books you can get on the topic as well as well.

You may also want to experiment with webmatrix - a free asp.net editor.

2. I have just signed up to ASP.net today but am starting to wonder if I am a bit out of my league here?! I wanted to get a host and domain name with which to create a simple web site for our club? but now I have seen ASP.net I don?t really know where to start!!!

For your info, I use Frontpage at work to occasionally work on one of our intranet sites (but don?t often delve into the HTML code, though I do know how to read through it), I know basic/intermediate JAVA, intermediate VB for Apps, and basic SQL.

Have I come to the wrong place? How do I create and view pages on this? Or do I have to pre-make them and load them onto the site?
    (almost - the 'Idiots Guide To ASP!!!).
    HELP PLEASE!!!

3. Cheers, thanks for that.
    I'm actually just trying to get a simple web site up and running (and thats about all!!).
    I have saved a sample web, using Frontpage, onto the F: drive on my works' server, and have then published it to my ASP.net URL.
    It didnt work,
    Im still confused,
    Time to hit the book shops I think.

Regards, D.

4. What didn't work? Did you get an error message?